Error 4100 can represent a variety of problems that ultimately prevent the GameTap plugin from launching your game. The two most common causes are:
- Network errors which prevent part of the game from being downloaded from our servers. These errors are intermittent, and waiting a few minutes before resuming the download typically resolves the issue. We are actively working with our service provider to diagnose and eliminate these problems.
- The disk to which the game is being downloaded does not have enough free space for the game. Please check the size of the game shown below the download progress, and verify that it is less than the remaining free space on your disk. For new installs of the GameTap plugin, this disk should be C:. For users who migrated from GameTap 3.5 or lower, this disk should be the same disk which previously held your downloaded games.
If the preceding cases do not help, you may also try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Access the download manager and verify that the download has passed the intial line located on the download progress bar.
- You can launch the game when the progress indicator has passed this point.
- If the game is still downloading, but has passed the line, and still gives you this error, then let the game finish downloading before trying to launch.
- If the game still returns this error after fully downloading, you will have to delete the game and re-download it.
- If the problem persists, please Submit a Service Request.
If this document does not fit your needs, you can ask a question. If your problem persists, check out the GameTap Community Forums for a quick response to your issue. It is possible that someone has already solved the problem you are encountering. You can also reach Technical Support by submitting a service request by cliking below.
You can send this document by EMail