"The GameTap player needs an update, but the updater cannot continue. A file may be missing or malformed or the error may be due to a security feature of your operating system. "
- Close all instances of your browser
- Verify that the GameTap process is not running by using the task manager:
- Click Start
- Click Run
- Type taskmgr into the Run field
- Click the Processes tab
- Look for GameTapPlayer.exe
- If you find this process running, right click on GameTapPlayer.exe and select End Process
- Close the Task Manager
- Backup your games directory
- Reinstall the plugin
- If the problem persists, please Submit a Service Request.
If this document does not fit your needs, you can ask a question. If your problem persists, check out the GameTap Community Forums for a quick response to your issue. It is possible that someone has already solved the problem you are encountering. You can also reach Technical Support by submitting a service request by cliking below.
You can send this document by EMail