- Make sure GameTap is not currently running. Three ways to do this are:
- Logout of GameTap.com and wait 2 minutes. OR
- Reboot your machine. OR
- Logout of GameTap.com, open up Task Manager, and end the gametapplayer.exe process.
- Open up My Computer or Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\GameTap Web Player\bin\release
- Right-click on gametapplayer.exe and choose Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Enable "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" from the dropdown.
- If applicable, enable "Run this program as an administrator" in the Priviledge Level area.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Login to GameTap.com and try playing one of the error-prone games again. If the error message still appears, please contact GameTap Customer Support with a description of the problem and note that you followed these steps.
If this document does not fit your needs, you can ask a question. If your problem persists, check out the GameTap Community Forums for a quick response to your issue. It is possible that someone has already solved the problem you are encountering. You can also reach Technical Support by submitting a service request by cliking below.
You can send this document by EMail