- Run as Admin and XP Service Pack 2 Compatibility Mode
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\GameTap Web Player\bin\release\GameTapPlayer.exe
- Right-click on GameTapPlayer.exe
- Select Properties
- Check Run in XP SP2 Compatibility Mode, click Apply
- Be sure Run as Administrator in the Privilege Level at the bottom part of the window
- Click OK
- DEP Settings: Add GameTap to trusted programs for Data Execution Prevention (DEP). Proceed with the following, to allow for GameTap
To learn more about DEP go to Start, Help and support, then type DEP in search field.
- Go to Start, then Control panel.
- Click to open System.
- Click Advanced System Settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Under Performance, click Settings.
- Click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
- Hit the add button and navigate to the C:\Program Files\GameTap Web Player\bin\release\GameTapPlayer.exe
- Reboot your computer.
If this document does not fit your needs, you can ask a question. If your problem persists, check out the GameTap Community Forums for a quick response to your issue. It is possible that someone has already solved the problem you are encountering. You can also reach Technical Support by submitting a service request by cliking below.
You can send this document by EMail