- Right-click on My Computer and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Hardware tab.
- Select the Device Manager button.
- In Device Manager, find any yellow exclamation points or red X's appearing on the left of the component list. This indicates a conflict or incorrect driver installation.
- If no conflicts or driver issues are apparent,go to Start->Run.
- Type dxdiag in the command box. Click OK or press the Enter key.
- Select the Sound tab on the diagnostic utility to test your Direct Sound function.
- Press the Test DirectSound button.
- You may receive a prompt asking if you wish to continue, click Yes.
- Follow the on screen prompts, and listen for the test sounds.
- If you do not hear any sound through this test, you may be experiencing issues with your sound card. Contact your system manufacturer for further troubleshooting.
If this document does not fit your needs, you can ask a question. If your problem persists, check out the GameTap Community Forums for a quick response to your issue. It is possible that someone has already solved the problem you are encountering. You can also reach Technical Support by submitting a service request by cliking below.
You can send this document by EMail