Always create a system restore point before making changes to DirectX.
- To verify the version of DirectX installed on your computer
- Select Start and then select Run.
- Type dxdiag in the text box and select OK.
- On the System tab, the last entry in the System Information section will list the DirectX version.
- To set a system restore point:
- Select Start and choose All Programs.
- Select Accessories, then System Tools.
- Select System Restore.
- When the program begins, choose Create a Restore Point and select Next.
- Enter a description of the restore point (such as Installing DirectX) and select Create. When the program is finished, the date, time, and description of the new restore point will be displayed.
- Select Close to exit System Restore.
- If a conflict arises, you may wish to restore the computer to it's previous state.
- To update to the latest version of Direct X:
- Create a folder named Direct X on your desktop.
- Navigate to the DirectX download page.
- Select Continue to install Windows Genuine Advantage, if necessary.
- Select Download and then select to save the file to the Direct X folder on your desktop.
- Once the download is complete, select Run to run the file.
- You will be prompted to extract the files. Select Browse then double-click on the Direct X folder on your desktop and select OK.
- Once the extraction process is completed, navigate to the Direct X folder on your desktop.
- Double-click on the file name DXSETUP. When prompted, select I accept the agreement and then select Next.
- Select Next again - this will begin the setup process. Once completed, select Finish.
- Reboot your computer to complete the installation of Direct X.
If this document does not fit your needs, you can ask a question. If your problem persists, check out the GameTap Community Forums for a quick response to your issue. It is possible that someone has already solved the problem you are encountering. You can also reach Technical Support by submitting a service request by cliking below.
You can send this document by EMail